- TJX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $214.7 million.
- TJX traded 10,865 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:26 AM.
- TJX is up 3.9% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TJX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TJX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TJX: The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. TJX has a PE ratio of 18.2. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for TJX Companies has been 4.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TJX Companies has a market cap of $37.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.59 and a short float of 1.7% with 2.67 days to cover. Shares are down 16.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TJX Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TJX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 68.74% to $473.75 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TJX COMPANIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.57%.
- TJX COMPANIES INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TJX COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.95 versus $2.55 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $2.95).
- TJX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.30 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TJX's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.69, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, TJX COMPANIES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full TJX Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.