- HMSY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.4 million.
- HMSY has traded 522,156 shares today.
- HMSY traded in a range 214.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.59.
- HMSY traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 170 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 170 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HMSY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HMSY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HMSY: HMS Holdings Corp. provides cost containment services to government and private healthcare payers and sponsors. The company's services include co-ordination of benefits and program integrity services. HMSY has a PE ratio of 52.9. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate HMS Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for HMS Holdings has been 872,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. HMS has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.27 and a short float of 16.8% with 12.58 days to cover. Shares are down 13.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HMS Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, deteriorating net income and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.38, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.42, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 39.43% is the gross profit margin for HMS HOLDINGS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of HMSY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.36% trails the industry average.
- The share price of HMS HOLDINGS CORP has not done very well: it is down 22.26% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Health Care Technology industry and the overall market, HMS HOLDINGS CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full HMS Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.