- AMGN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $482.7 million.
- AMGN has traded 63,259 shares today.
- AMGN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMGN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMGN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMGN: Amgen Inc., a biotechnology company, discovers, develops, manufactures, and delivers human therapeutics in the areas of oncology, hematology, inflammation, bone health, nephrology, cardiovascular, and general medicine worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. AMGN has a PE ratio of 19.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Amgen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Amgen has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Amgen has a market cap of $96.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.28 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.64 days to cover. Shares are up 11.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amgen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- AMGEN INC has improved earnings per share by 21.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMGEN INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.65 versus $5.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.38 versus $6.65).
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 42.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,227.00 million or 39.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 39.18%, AMGEN INC is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 98.18%.
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.