The stock closed at $10.29 on Friday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he and Stephanie Link think could be potentially HUGE winners. Click here to see the holdings for FREE.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates WISDOMTREE INVESTMENTS INC as a "buy" with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate WISDOMTREE INVESTMENTS INC (WETF) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, WISDOMTREE INVESTMENTS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 46.08% is the gross profit margin for WISDOMTREE INVESTMENTS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 24.02% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $23.23 million or 22.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WISDOMTREE INVESTMENTS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -86.94%.
- WISDOMTREE INVESTMENTS INC's earnings per share declined by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WISDOMTREE INVESTMENTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.38 versus $0.08 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 9.2% in earnings ($0.35 versus $0.38).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WETF Ratings Report