- MAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $146.4 million.
- MAR has traded 238,443 shares today.
- MAR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MAR: Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and timeshare properties worldwide. The company operates through four segments: North American Full-Service, North American Limited-Service, International, and Luxury. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. MAR has a PE ratio of 29.5. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Marriott International has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Marriott International has a market cap of $19.1 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.24 and a short float of 5.2% with 6.13 days to cover. Shares are up 34.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Marriott International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 56.79% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MAR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MARRIOTT INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 12.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MARRIOTT INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.01 versus $1.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.51 versus $2.01).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income increased by 7.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $179.00 million to $192.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for MARRIOTT INTL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.42%. Regardless of MAR's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.51% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.