- JWN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $88.4 million.
- JWN is down 3.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JWN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JWN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JWN: Nordstrom, Inc., a fashion specialty retailer, offers apparel, shoes, cosmetics, and accessories for women, men, and children in the United States. It operates in two segments, Retail and Credit. The Retail segment offers a selection of brand name and private label merchandise. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. JWN has a PE ratio of 18.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Nordstrom a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nordstrom has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nordstrom has a market cap of $13.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.11 and a short float of 3.5% with 3.27 days to cover. Shares are up 10.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nordstrom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $217.00 million or 34.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NORDSTROM INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.96%.
- NORDSTROM INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NORDSTROM INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.72 versus $3.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.90 versus $3.72).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- 41.86% is the gross profit margin for NORDSTROM INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of JWN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JWN's net profit margin of 4.77% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Nordstrom Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.