- DOW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $354.8 million.
- DOW is up 3.6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DOW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DOW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DOW: The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies chemical products for use as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. DOW has a PE ratio of 18.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Dow Chemical a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Dow Chemical has been 6.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Dow Chemical has a market cap of $61.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.70 days to cover. Shares are up 18.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dow Chemical as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DOW's share price has jumped by 41.41%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DOW should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.67, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.20, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, DOW CHEMICAL's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.