- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- CREE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CREE has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.53, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $91.14 million or 49.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CREE INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.82%.
- CREE INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CREE INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.01 versus $0.74 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.96 versus $1.01).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 5.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $28.24 million to $29.85 million.
Cree, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells lighting-class light emitting diode (LED), lighting, and semiconductor products for power and radio-frequency (RF) applications in the United States, China, Europe, South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, and Taiwan. Cree has a market cap of $6 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 28.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.You can view the full Cree Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.