- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income increased by 139.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$105.04 million to $41.64 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- DIEBOLD INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DIEBOLD INC swung to a loss, reporting -$2.85 versus $1.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.78 versus -$2.85).
- DBD's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.85 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.87 is weak.
Diebold, Incorporated provides integrated self-service delivery and security systems and services primarily to the financial, commercial, retail, and other markets worldwide. Diebold has a market cap of $2.36 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. Shares are up 12.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.