- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The gross profit margin for CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP is currently very high, coming in at 88.31%. Regardless of CIM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CIM's net profit margin of 77.16% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP's earnings per share declined by 28.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.38 versus $0.35).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, CHIMERA INVESTMENT CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 26.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $143.21 million to $104.77 million.
Chimera Investment Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. Chimera Investment has a market cap of $3.28 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 3.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday.You can view the full Chimera Investment Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.