- CSIQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $141.9 million.
- CSIQ has traded 512,398 shares today.
- CSIQ is down 3.2% today.
- CSIQ was up 24.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CSIQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CSIQ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CSIQ: Canadian Solar Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells solar wafers, cells, and solar module products worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Module and Project. CSIQ has a PE ratio of 31.2. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Canadian Solar a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Canadian Solar has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Canadian Solar has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 2.87 and a short float of 8.2% with 0.73 days to cover. Shares are up 4.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Canadian Solar as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.25 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, CSIQ has a quick ratio of 0.62, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for CANADIAN SOLAR INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.71%. Regardless of CSIQ's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CSIQ's net profit margin of 0.81% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, CANADIAN SOLAR INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- This stock has increased by 79.80% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- CANADIAN SOLAR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, CANADIAN SOLAR INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.56 versus -$4.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.25 versus $0.56).
- You can view the full Canadian Solar Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.