- Opens new 30,500 square-foot facility in Barberton, Ohio, more than doubling its footprint from its previous location
- Expansion for high growth filament materials manufacturing and cartridge assembly for its consumer printers
- Creates new jobs in local community for assemblers, operators and quality assurance resources
"We're extremely pleased that 3D Systems selected the City of Barberton as its new home for this manufacturing site," said Mayor William Judge, City of Barberton, Ohio. "It demonstrates a strong commitment to local manufacturing and creating jobs in our community."Those interested in job opportunities with 3DS should visit the company's careers webpage at www.3dsystems.com/careers. About 3D Systems 3D Systems is pioneering 3D printing for everyone. 3DS provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced custom parts. Its powerful digital thread empowers professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life in material choices including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading healthcare solutions include integrated 3D planning and printing for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D design and inspection products embody the latest perceptual, capture and touch technology. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods with improved results and reduced time to outcomes. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, plan, guide, prototype or produce functional parts, devices and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future. Leadership Through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the Color-Jet-Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
- 3DS Medical Modeling pioneered virtual surgical planning (VSP) and its services are world-leading, helping many thousands of patients on an annual basis.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com .The photo is also available via AP PhotoExpress.
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Stacey Witten Email: Stacey.Witten@3dsystems.com Media Contact: Alyssa Reichental Email: Press@3dsystems.com