- M has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $212.8 million.
- M traded 12,699 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- M is down 4.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in M with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for M NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on M: Macy's, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates stores and Internet Websites in the United States. Its stores and Websites sell a range of merchandise, including apparel and accessories for men, women, and children; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. M has a PE ratio of 15.4. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Macy's a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Macy's has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Macy's has a market cap of $21.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.73 days to cover. Shares are up 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- MACY'S INC has improved earnings per share by 9.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MACY'S INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.90 versus $3.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.49 versus $3.90).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multiline Retail industry average. The net income increased by 3.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $217.00 million to $224.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, MACY'S INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- 38.91% is the gross profit margin for MACY'S INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.56% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.