- AMZN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.2 billion.
- AMZN traded 26,170 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:36 AM.
- AMZN is up 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMZN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMZN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMZN: Amazon.com, Inc. operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. The company operates in two segments, North America and International. AMZN has a PE ratio of 812.3. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate Amazon.com a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Amazon.com has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Amazon.com has a market cap of $146.4 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.90 and a short float of 1.8% with 2.09 days to cover. Shares are down 20.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amazon.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and relatively poor performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Although AMZN's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.29 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
- 36.46% is the gross profit margin for AMAZON.COM INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.65% trails the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, AMZN has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. We feel that the combination of its price rise over the last year and its current price-to-earnings ratio relative to its industry tend to reduce its upside potential.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1700.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$7.00 million to -$126.00 million.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.