- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- HPTX's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 40.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 407.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- HPTX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.29, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for HYPERION THERAPEUTICS INC is currently very high, coming in at 85.21%. Regardless of HPTX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, HPTX's net profit margin of 47.11% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The share price of HYPERION THERAPEUTICS INC has not done very well: it is down 8.81% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 30.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $25.02 million to $17.48 million.
Hyperion Therapeutics, Inc., a commercial biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of therapeutics to treat disorders in the areas of orphan diseases and hepatology. Hyperion has a market cap of $461.8 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 12.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.