- BPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.8 million.
- BPL traded 578,710 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:15 AM, representing 153% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BPL: Buckeye Partners, L.P. owns and operates liquid petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States. The company operates through four segments: Pipelines & Terminals, Global Marine Terminals, Merchant Services, and Development & Logistics. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.5%. BPL has a PE ratio of 25.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Buckeye Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Buckeye Partners has been 271,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Buckeye has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 1.9% with 6.68 days to cover. Shares are up 13.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- BPL's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 79.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP's earnings per share declined by 26.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $3.23 versus $2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.74 versus $3.23).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 69.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $76.43 million to $23.02 million.
- The gross profit margin for BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP is currently extremely low, coming in at 9.17%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.27% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Buckeye Partners Ratings Report.