- Expands manufacturing and distribution capacity
- Installs interactive 3D innovation and learning center at 3DS headquarters
- Extends R&D and engineering capabilities and capacity
- Creates hundreds of new jobs and opportunities in Rock Hill area
"Our continued Rock Hill expansion underscores our commitment to localized manufacturing, demonstrating through our actions that what is designed locally can be built locally," said Avi Reichental, President and CEO, 3DS. "This investment is in direct response to the growing demand for our professional printers."The company expects its new facility to be fully operational during the first quarter of 2015. Those interested in job opportunities with 3DS should visit the company's careers webpage at www.3dsystems.com/careers . About 3D Systems 3D Systems is pioneering 3D printing for everyone. 3DS provides the most advanced and comprehensive 3D design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced custom parts. Its powerful digital thread empowers professionals and consumers everywhere to bring their ideas to life in material choices including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. 3DS' leading healthcare solutions include integrated 3D planning and printing for personalized surgery and patient specific medical and dental devices. Its democratized 3D design and inspection products embody the latest perceptual, capture and touch technology. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods with improved results and reduced time to outcomes. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, plan, guide, prototype or produce functional parts, devices and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future. Leadership Through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the Color-Jet-Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
- 3DS Medical Modeling pioneered virtual surgical planning (VSP) and its services are world-leading, helping many thousands of patients on an annual basis.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com .The photo is also available via AP PhotoExpress.
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Stacey Witten Email: Stacey.Witten@3dsystems.com Media Contact: Alyssa Reichental Email: Press@3dsystems.com