- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Professional Services industry and the overall market, HUDSON GLOBAL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- HSON, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 20.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- HUDSON GLOBAL INC has improved earnings per share by 27.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUDSON GLOBAL INC reported poor results of -$0.93 versus -$0.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.25 versus -$0.93).
- 37.53% is the gross profit margin for HUDSON GLOBAL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.61% trails the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Professional Services industry. The net income increased by 24.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$5.81 million to -$4.37 million.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. All three major indices traded up today with the Dow Jones Industrial Average ( ^DJI) trading up 18 points (0.1%) at 16,572 as of Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, 3:55 PM ET. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 2,374 issues advancing vs. 630 declining with 131 unchanged. The Diversified Services industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0% versus the S&P 500, which was up 0.3%. Top gainers within the Diversified Services industry included VirtualScopics ( VSCP), up 5.0%, MGT Capital Investments ( MGT), up 1.7%, China HGS Real Estate ( HGSH), up 25.3%, Hudson Global ( HSON), up 2.8% and Newtek Business Services ( NEWT), up 2.0%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks pushing the industry higher today: Hudson Global ( HSON) is one of the companies that pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today. Hudson Global was up $0.10 (2.8%) to $3.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 15,661 shares of Hudson Global exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 25,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.60-$3.70 after having opened the day at $3.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.54. Hudson Global, Inc. provides professional-level recruitment and related talent solutions for small to large-sized corporations and government agencies worldwide. Hudson Global has a market cap of $117.2 million and is part of the services sector. Shares are down 11.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is 1 analyst who rates Hudson Global a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates Hudson Global as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been an overall disappointing return on equity. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on HSON go as follows: