Shareholders of Inter Parfums, Inc. (IPAR - Get Report) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.8% annualized dividend yield can sell the August covered call at the $30 strike and collect the premium based on the 10 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 26.7% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 28.5% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $30 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but IPAR shares would have to advance 9.8% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 10.1% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Inter Parfums, Inc., looking at the dividend history chart for IPAR below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 1.8% annualized dividend yield. Below is a chart showing IPAR's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $30 strike highlighted in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the August covered call at the $30 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $30. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Inter Parfums, Inc. (considering the last 251 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $27.46) to be 31%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the IPAR Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com. In mid-afternoon trading on Monday, the put volume among S&P 500 components was 452,967 contracts, with call volume at 811,439, for a put:call ratio of 0.56 so far for the day. Compared to the long-term median put:call ratio of .65, that represents high call volume relative to puts; in other words, buyers are showing a preference for calls in options trading so far today. Find out which 15 call and put options traders are talking about today.
TheStreet’s Fundamentals of Investing Course will teach you the keys to making the right decisions in any market.
TheStreet’s Personal Finance Essentials Course will teach you money management basics and investing strategies to help you avoid major financial pitfalls.
TheStreet Courses offers dedicated classes designed to improve your investing skills, stock market knowledge and money management capabilities.
More from Stocks
Memorial Day Sale: Join Jim Cramer's Club for Investors and Save
Get 57% off on your membership to Jim's Action Alerts PLUS club for investors.
How a Chinese Restriction on 'Rare Earths' Could Threaten Apple
China is the world's supplier of rare earths. Export restrictions could be bad news for Apple investors.
Amazon Is Headed to $3,000 a Share, Says Bullish Piper Jaffray Note
The firm estimates Amazon will cross $3,000 a share sometime between mid-2021 and mid-2022.
Buy Alibaba Shares on the Dip, Says Stifel, Adding It to Select List
Stifel says long-term trends working in Alibaba's favor are more significant than the trade war between the U.S. and China.