- PL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.6 million.
- PL has traded 208,881 shares today.
- PL traded in a range 205.1% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.20.
- PL traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 61 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 61 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PL NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 60.12% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- PROTECTIVE LIFE CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PROTECTIVE LIFE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.86 versus $3.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.90 versus $4.86).
- PL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.63 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further.
- You can view the full Protective Life Ratings Report.