NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Terex Corp. (TEX) are up 2.59% to $36.40 after the diversified equipment manufacturer of machinery products was featured in Barron's which said the company offers stock investors four ways to win: a pickup big construction jobs, efficiency moves, in ports and that its shares are cheap.
Look for 30% upside over the next year, Barron's said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates TEREX CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TEREX CORP (TEX) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- TEREX CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TEREX CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.79 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.58 versus $1.79).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 556.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $21.30 million to $139.80 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TEX Ratings Report