The firm said it raised its rating on the food and beverage company based on its belief Pepsi is the “top pick” in the large cap beverage group, resulting from the company’s fundamental momentum.
UBS upped its price target on Pepsi stock to $100 from $97.
Shares of PepsiCo are higher by 0.79% to $91 in pre-market trading today.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates PEPSICO INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate PEPSICO INC (PEP) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $2,491.00 million or 7.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -2.58%.
- PEPSICO INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PEPSICO INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.32 versus $3.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.58 versus $4.32).
- The gross profit margin for PEPSICO INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.70% trails the industry average.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PEP Ratings Report