- KMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $111.6 million.
- KMP traded 120,083 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:57 AM, representing 10.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KMP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KMP: Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. operates as a pipeline transportation and energy storage company in North America. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 7%. KMP has a PE ratio of 20.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kinder Morgan Energy Partners a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kinder Morgan Energy Partners has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kinder Morgan Energy has a market cap of $26.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.48 and a short float of 1.8% with 4.39 days to cover. Shares are down 0.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 39.03% is the gross profit margin for KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.47% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,175.00 million or 20.02% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.19%.
- KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP increased its bottom line by earning $3.80 versus $1.64 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 30.1% in earnings ($2.66 versus $3.80).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Energy Partners Ratings Report.