- KMI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $179.6 million.
- KMI traded 463,326 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:47 AM, representing 10.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KMI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KMI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KMI: Kinder Morgan, Inc. operates as a midstream and energy company in North America. It operates through Natural Gas Pipelines, CO2 KMP, Products Pipelines KMP, Terminals KMP, Kinder Morgan Canada KMP, and Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.8%. KMI has a PE ratio of 30.9. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Kinder Morgan a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kinder Morgan has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kinder Morgan has a market cap of $36.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.64 and a short float of 2.6% with 4.06 days to cover. Shares are down 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kinder Morgan as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,085.00 million or 14.21% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.19%.
- 38.48% is the gross profit margin for KINDER MORGAN INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.21% trails the industry average.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income increased by 2.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $277.00 million to $284.00 million.
- KINDER MORGAN INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KINDER MORGAN INC reported lower earnings of $1.15 versus $1.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.23 versus $1.15).
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.