- YOKU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $63.3 million.
- YOKU is up 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YOKU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YOKU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on YOKU: Youku Tudou Inc. operates as an Internet television company in the People's Republic of China. Its Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view, and share video content across various devices. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Youku Tudou a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Youku Tudou has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Youku Tudou has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 35.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Youku Tudou as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YOUKU TUDOU INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for YOUKU TUDOU INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 12.22%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -32.08% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- YOKU has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 14.16% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- YOUKU TUDOU INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YOUKU TUDOU INC reported poor results of -$0.58 versus -$0.52 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 135.3% in earnings (-$1.37 versus -$0.58).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 3.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$37.43 million to -$36.15 million.
- You can view the full Youku Tudou Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.