- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,352.00 million or 5.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.77%.
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.68 versus -$1.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.96 versus $0.68).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 67.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $581.00 million to $191.00 million.
- The gross profit margin for CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.56%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.70% trails that of the industry average.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, and development of properties for the production of natural gas, oil, and natural gas liquids (NGL) from underground reservoirs in the United States. Chesapeake Energy has a market cap of $17.45 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 4.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.