- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC/OR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- In its most recent trading session, SMIT has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- SMIT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC/OR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable Earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. During the past fiscal year, SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC/OR's EPS of -$0.17 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of -$0.17.
- 45.24% is the gross profit margin for SCHMITT INDUSTRIES INC/OR which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -5.22% is in-line with the industry average.
Schmitt Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells computer-controlled vibration detection, and balancing and process control systems primarily to the machine tool industry in North America, Europe, and Asia. It operates in two segments, Balancer and Measurement. Schmitt has a market cap of $8.2 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 7.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.You can view the full Schmitt Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.