- MDVN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $55.2 million.
- MDVN is up 5.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MDVN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MDVN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MDVN: Medivation, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of novel therapies to treat serious diseases in the United States. It offers XTANDI for the treatment of post-chemotherapy metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) patients. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Medivation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Medivation has been 848,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Medivation has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.04 and a short float of 6.7% with 5.53 days to cover. Shares are up 19.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Medivation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MDVN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 36.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 88.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.27% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- MEDIVATION INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MEDIVATION INC reported poor results of -$0.58 versus -$0.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.35 versus -$0.58).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, MEDIVATION INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.58 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Despite the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, the company has managed to keep a very strong quick ratio of 3.68, which shows the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full Medivation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.