- A CSC Center of Excellence (“CoE”) offering clients a broad range of IBM solutions and platforms, including IBM Cloud’s SoftLayer® infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and BluemixTM, IBM’s open cloud platform for development of web and mobile applications;
- The compatibility of SoftLayer IaaS with CSC’s ServiceMesh Agility Platform™, which will enable customers to simplify and standardize the deployment, integration, and management of solutions built on SoftLayer, an IBM company, Bluemix and other cloud environments;
- The future addition of CSC’s ServiceMesh Agility Platform to the IBM Cloud Marketplace, which allows developers, IT managers and business leaders to learn, try and buy software and services from IBM and its global partner ecosystem;
- A joint marketing, sales and consulting collaboration to create a single, consumable services framework to support client app development and modernization, Big Data and Analytics, cloud and mobility infrastructure capabilities, and security.
IBM has been aggressively moving forward with its SoftLayer offerings, building out a network of 40 cloud centers across the globe. Since its $2 billion acquisition of SoftLayer a year ago, IBM has poured $1 billion into a new Watson business unit, with Watson running on SoftLayer, and another $1 billion to establish the Bluemix cloud platform-as-a-service (PaaS) to help millions of developers build cloud applications running on SoftLayer, with work based on Cloud Foundry. The IBM Cloud marketplace hosts hundreds of SaaS and infrastructure cloud services for business and IT professionals, as well as developers, to bring the breadth of IBM-as-a-service to clients in just a few clicks.“Enhancing our partnership with IBM strengthens CSC’s strategy to modernize, mobilize, integrate, secure and manage the evolving global application ecosystem and our ability to helping clients transition to the hybrid cloud,” said Jim Smith, executive vice president & general manager, CSC Global Business Services. “By collaborating, CSC and IBM can ensure that clients put the right information into the right employee hands at the right time wherever they may be. Clients will benefit from greater choice, operational agility, cost savings, and integration flexibility when they become cloud-empowered enterprises.” “IBM Cloud is designed to assist clients in the hybrid cloud era, from the powerful footprint of SoftLayer to the rapid app development environment of Bluemix to the breadth of our Software-as-a-Service offerings on the IBM Cloud marketplace.” said Steve Robinson, General Manager of IBM Cloud Platform Services. “As we expand our relationship with CSC, we will work to bring even greater flexibility to our client bases as they increase their social, mobile and Big Data workloads in the cloud.” Additional Detail on the CSC and IBM Alliance
- CSC Center of Excellence for IBM Products and Solutions – The CoE will provide advisory services for customers adopting IBM technology and will support joint solution-definition, applications integration, sales and delivery activities. CSC customers will have access to standardized CSC-designed solutions built on IBM cloud and mobility platforms, as well as integration solutions to support the addition of IBM mobile and Big Data and Analytics solutions. CSC plans to certify up to 2,000 consultants, project managers, architects and developers over three years on selected IBM technologies such as SoftLayer and Bluemix cloud services, as well as IBM developer and integration tools such as WebSphere and Cast Iron.
- Mobility and Digital Services – CSC will offer elements of the IBM MobileFirst application development portfolio as-a-service, combining CSC’s mobility services with IBM technologies to bring clients rapid and creative mobile app development, as well as strategies to secure mobile devices and data. With standardization on the IBM MobileFirst portfolio already underway, CSC soon will launch a mobile healthcare program for its Lorenzo healthcare software product, and is planning similar mobile programs in the banking and insurance markets.
- Applications Development and Modernization Services – CSC will provide Applications Management services to clients for IBM-designed apps, as well as extend app development as-a-service to IBM mainframe Z environments. Additionally, CSC will add IBM’s DevOps tools to its portfolio for more rapid and accurate app development, and establish a global testing practice for IBM Rational services virtualization.
- Big Data and Analytics – CSC's portfolio of Big Data services will combine with IBM’s comprehensive suite of Big Data and Analytics software to help clients improve efficiency, insight and innovation while managing risk. CSC plans to launch new Big Data and Analytics services based on key IBM technologies, including InfoSphere Streams, InfoSphere BigInsights and DB2 with BLU Acceleration, in target markets that include insurance, healthcare, mining, transportation, oil and gas, and telecommunications.
- Cloud Services – CSC will make SoftLayer’s global cloud footprint compatible with its ServiceMesh Agility Platform, enabling clients to assimilate SoftLayer into hybrid-cloud environments. The companies will jointly develop use cases for the ServiceMesh Agility Platform on SoftLayer and Bluemix to complement IBM offerings, and IBM will also plan to offer the ServiceMesh solution in the IBM Cloud Marketplace.