- JAZZ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $132.7 million.
- JAZZ has traded 867,789 shares today.
- JAZZ is down 3.1% today.
- JAZZ was up 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JAZZ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JAZZ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JAZZ: Jazz Pharmaceuticals Public Limited Company, a specialty biopharmaceutical company, identifies, develops, and commercializes pharmaceutical products for various medical needs in the United States, Europe, and internationally. JAZZ has a PE ratio of 105.3. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Jazz Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Jazz Pharmaceuticals has been 797,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Jazz has a market cap of $8.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.38 and a short float of 2.9% with 1.93 days to cover. Shares are up 12.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Jazz Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 25.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $68.72 million or 4.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -66.20%.
- JAZZ's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.96 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that JAZZ's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.71 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 313.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $43.43 million to -$92.65 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, JAZZ PHARMACEUTICALS PLC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Jazz Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.