- PH has 20x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 0.90 mentions/day.
- PH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $189.1 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PH: Parker-Hannifin Corporation manufactures motion and control technologies and systems for various mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. PH has a PE ratio of 17.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Parker Hannifin a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Parker Hannifin has been 825,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Parker Hannifin has a market cap of $17.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.76 and a short float of 2% with 1.30 days to cover. Shares are down 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Parker Hannifin as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.40, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.25, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- PARKER-HANNIFIN CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PARKER-HANNIFIN CORP reported lower earnings of $6.22 versus $7.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.53 versus $6.22).
- You can view the full Parker Hannifin Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.