The firm believes that the company's second quarter results confirm that Chesapeake Energy is becoming well-positioned from a capex efficiency perspective heading into 2015.
Stifel said it expects the company's 2015 production to come in at the high end of guidance, and believes the stock has reached a good entry point.
Shares of Chesapeake Energy are up 0.53% to $26.33.
TheStreet Ratings team rates CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP (CHK) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.68 versus -$1.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.97 versus $0.68).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 632.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $58.00 million to $425.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,291.00 million or 39.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.80%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CHK Ratings Report