- CPA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.6 million.
- CPA has traded 89,479 shares today.
- CPA traded in a range 269.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $5.89.
- CPA traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 147 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 147 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CPA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CPA NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth significantly trails the industry average of 49.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.52, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.33, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- COPA HOLDINGS SA has improved earnings per share by 33.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COPA HOLDINGS SA increased its bottom line by earning $9.63 versus $7.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($11.48 versus $9.63).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Airlines industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, COPA HOLDINGS SA has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Copa Holdings Ratings Report.