- HUM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $211.3 million.
- HUM is up 2.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HUM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HUM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HUM: Humana Inc., a health care company, offers a range of insurance products, and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. The company operates in Retail, Employer Group, Healthcare Services, and Other Businesses segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. HUM has a PE ratio of 18.0. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Humana a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Humana has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Humana has a market cap of $18.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 2.6% with 2.51 days to cover. Shares are up 16.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HUM's share price has jumped by 28.91%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HUM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 21.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- HUM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.26 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.43, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- HUMANA INC's earnings per share declined by 16.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HUMANA INC increased its bottom line by earning $7.70 versus $7.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.76 versus $7.70).
- You can view the full Humana Ratings Report.