- OAS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $68.2 million.
- OAS has traded 3.4 million shares today.
- OAS is trading at 6.81 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- OAS crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OAS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OAS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OAS: Oasis Petroleum Inc., an independent exploration and production company, focuses on the acquisition and development of oil and natural gas resources in the North Dakota and Montana regions of the Williston Basin. OAS has a PE ratio of 14.8. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Oasis Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Oasis Petroleum has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Oasis has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.11 and a short float of 10.6% with 6.09 days to cover. Shares are up 12.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Oasis Petroleum as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 40.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 203.57% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 27.14% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- OASIS PETROLEUM INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OASIS PETROLEUM INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.44 versus $1.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.23 versus $2.44).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 227.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $51.85 million to $169.95 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $208.27 million or 22.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, OASIS PETROLEUM INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 18.80%.
- You can view the full Oasis Petroleum Ratings Report.