- DVN has 15x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 3.10 mentions/day.
- DVN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $188.5 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DVN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DVN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DVN: Devon Energy Corporation, an independent energy company, is engaged primarily in the exploration, development, and production of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. DVN has a PE ratio of 18.9. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Devon Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Devon Energy has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Devon Energy has a market cap of $31.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.76 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.55 days to cover. Shares are up 24.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Devon Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DVN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 88.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 123.65% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.24% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DVN should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- DEVON ENERGY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DEVON ENERGY CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.10 versus -$0.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.90 versus -$0.10).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 124.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1,339.00 million to $324.00 million.
- 45.23% is the gross profit margin for DEVON ENERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.69% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Devon Energy Ratings Report.