- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry. The net income has decreased by 24.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $45.99 million to $34.78 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market, EVERBANK FINANCIAL CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for EVERBANK FINANCIAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 82.86%. Regardless of EVER's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EVER's net profit margin of 12.90% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Despite the weak revenue results, EVER has outperformed against the industry average of 33.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 19.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
EverBank Financial Corp operates as the bank holding company of EverBank that provides financial products and services to individuals, and small and medium-sized businesses in the United States. EverBank Financial has a market cap of $2.27 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 0.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.You can view the full EverBank Financial Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.