- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 283.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.34% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 314.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.84 million to $7.62 million.
- AMEDISYS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AMEDISYS INC reported poor results of -$2.97 versus -$2.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.50 versus -$2.97).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$89.13 million or 365.57% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, AMEDISYS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Amedisys, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides home health and hospice care services. It operates through two segments, Home Health and Hospice. The Home Health segment offers a range of services in the homes of individuals who may be recovering from an illness, injury, or surgery. Amedisys has a market cap of $718.9 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. Shares are up 47.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.