- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 166.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.75 million to -$36.63 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, LANDAUER INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $6.52 million or 28.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 5.24 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, LDR's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.08, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- The share price of LANDAUER INC has not done very well: it is down 10.98% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
Landauer, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides technical and analytical services, outsourced medical physics services, and radiology related medical products Worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Radiation Measurement, Medical Physics, and Medical Products. Landauer has a market cap of $419 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 16.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.You can view the full Landauer Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.