- ELLI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.7 million.
- ELLI has traded 29,549 shares today.
- ELLI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ELLI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ELLI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ELLI: Ellie Mae, Inc. provides on-demand software solutions and services for the residential mortgage industry in the United States. ELLI has a PE ratio of 91.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ellie Mae a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ellie Mae has been 245,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ellie Mae has a market cap of $901.3 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of -0.18 and a short float of 19.4% with 12.69 days to cover. Shares are up 19.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ellie Mae as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ELLI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.60, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- ELLIE MAE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ELLIE MAE INC reported lower earnings of $0.45 versus $0.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.99 versus $0.45).
- The gross profit margin for ELLIE MAE INC is currently very high, coming in at 76.57%. Regardless of ELLI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ELLI's net profit margin of 2.43% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Ellie Mae Ratings Report.