- VOYA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $42.2 million.
- VOYA has traded 247,063 shares today.
- VOYA traded in a range 211.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.15.
- VOYA traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 4 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 4 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VOYA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VOYA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VOYA: Voya Financial, Inc. operates as a retirement, investment, and insurance company in the United States. The company has five segments: Retirement, Annuities, Investment Management, Individual Life, and Employee Benefits. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. VOYA has a PE ratio of 8.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Voya Financial a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Voya Financial has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Voya Financial has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 5.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Voya Financial as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 46.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- When compared to other companies in the Diversified Financial Services industry and the overall market, VOYA FINANCIAL INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- VOYA's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.65 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further.
- The gross profit margin for VOYA FINANCIAL INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.83%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.66% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Voya Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.