- SXC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.3 million.
- SXC has traded 56,421 shares today.
- SXC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SXC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SXC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SXC: SunCoke Energy, Inc. operates as an independent producer of coke in the Americas. The company offers metallurgical and thermal coal for use as a raw material in the blast furnace steelmaking process. It also provides coal handling and blending services. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate SunCoke Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for SunCoke Energy has been 512,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. SunCoke Energy has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 1.83 and a short float of 3.1% with 4.48 days to cover. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SXC's share price has jumped by 44.49%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SXC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.14 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, SXC's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.34, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- SUNCOKE ENERGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNCOKE ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $0.36 versus $1.40 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 40.5% in earnings ($0.21 versus $0.36).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 963.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.70 million to -$49.20 million.
- You can view the full SunCoke Energy Ratings Report.