- BLMN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $47.6 million.
- BLMN has traded 552,915 shares today.
- BLMN is up 3.1% today.
- BLMN was down 24% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLMN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLMN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLMN: Bloomin' Brands, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates casual, polished casual, and fine dining restaurants. BLMN has a PE ratio of 12.8. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Bloomin Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Bloomin Brands has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Bloomin has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 17.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bloomin Brands as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, BLOOMIN' BRANDS INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average. The net income has decreased by 15.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $63.22 million to $53.73 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.68 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- You can view the full Bloomin Brands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.