- GCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $86.1 million.
- GCI traded 438,770 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:07 AM, representing 18.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GCI: Gannett Co., Inc. operates as a media and marketing solutions company in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: Broadcasting, Publishing, and Digital. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.4%. GCI has a PE ratio of 17.4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Gannett a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Gannett has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Gannett has a market cap of $7.4 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.88 and a short float of 3.9% with 3.77 days to cover. Shares are up 11.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Gannett as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 83.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $113.62 million to $208.47 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 48.32% is the gross profit margin for GANNETT CO which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 14.27% is above that of the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 87.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 27.01% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GCI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GANNETT CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GANNETT CO reported lower earnings of $1.65 versus $1.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.68 versus $1.65).
- You can view the full Gannett Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.