Operating Income Increased 27.1 Percent Net Income Per Diluted Share Increased to $0.11 ATLANTA, Aug. 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE:MWA) today reported net sales of $318.5 million and net income of $18.5 million for its fiscal 2014 third quarter ended June 30, 2014. The following information compares fiscal 2014 third quarter results from continuing operations with those of the prior year period. In the quarter, the Company:
- Increased net sales 6.4 percent to $318.5 million from $299.4 million;
- Increased operating income 27.1 percent to $41.8 million from $32.9 million, and increased adjusted operating income 26.9 percent to $42.0 million from $33.1 million;
- Increased income from continuing operations per diluted share to $0.11 from $0.10, and increased adjusted income from continuing operations per diluted share to $0.11 from $0.08;
- Increased adjusted EBITDA 17.4 percent to $56.0 million from $47.7 million; and
- Increased free cash flow to $46.2 million compared with $37.4 million a year ago.