- August 4 th marks 10th anniversary of successful surgery to separate conjoined twins Carl and Clarence Aguirre, joined at the head
The twins will be making an appearance at Montefiore Medical Center, alongside the teams who assisted in the surgery, to celebrate the anniversary on August 4, 2014.Today, as the surgical team and contributors are celebrating the twins' progress, 3DS advanced SLA 3D printers, are already in-use by the leading global hearing aid, dental, orthodontic and medical device companies producing tens of millions of medical devices annually. 3DS' Medical Modeling continues to develop world-class clinical capabilities in Virtual Surgical Planning (VSP ®), guiding and instrumenting of complex personalized surgical procedures as well as production at scale of 3D-printed implants and medical devices. Last week, 3DS announced that it is acquiring Simbionix, the industry leader in 3D virtual reality surgical simulation and training. Simbionix brings 60+ interventional procedures across 8 specialties through 16 simulation platforms to 3DS' expanding healthcare portfolio, creating an unrivaled digital thread for medical procedures that extends from the training room to the operating room. View a video explaining the surgery for the Aguirre twins. Learn more about 3DS' commitment to manufacturing the future at 3DSystems.com. About 3D Systems 3D Systems is a leading provider of 3D printing centric design-to-manufacturing solutions including 3D printers, print materials and cloud sourced on-demand custom parts for professionals and consumers alike in materials including plastics, metals, ceramics and edibles. The company also provides integrated 3D scan-based design, freeform modeling and inspection tools and an integrated 3D planning and printing digital thread for personalized surgery and patient specific medical devices. Its products and services replace and complement traditional methods and reduce the time and cost of designing new products by printing real parts directly from digital input. These solutions are used to rapidly design, create, communicate, prototype or produce functional parts and assemblies, empowering customers to manufacture the future. Leadership Through Innovation and Technology
- 3DS invented 3D printing with its Stereolithography (SLA) printer and was the first to commercialize it in 1989.
- 3DS invented Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) printing and was the first to commercialize it in 1992.
- 3DS invented the Color-Jet-Printing (CJP) class of 3D printers and was the first to commercialize 3D powder-based systems in 1994.
- 3DS invented Multi-Jet-Printing (MJP) printers and was the first to commercialize it in 1996.
- 3DS pioneered virtual surgical planning (VSP) and 3D printed medical modeling and devices with services that benefit humanity the world over.
More information on the company is available at www.3DSystems.com .
CONTACT: Investor Contact: Stacey Witten Email: Stacey.Witten@3dsystems.com Media Contact: Alyssa Reichental Email: Press@3dsystems.com