- ED has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $87.5 million.
- ED has traded 1.6 million shares today.
- ED is trading at 2.71 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ED crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ED with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ED NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ED: Consolidated Edison, Inc. is engaged in regulated electric, gas, and steam delivery businesses in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.5%. ED has a PE ratio of 13.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Consolidated Edison a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Consolidated Edison has been 2.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Consolidated Edison has a market cap of $16.4 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of -0.05 and a short float of 7.8% with 13.33 days to cover. Shares are up 1.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Consolidated Edison as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 14.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 88.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $192.00 million to $361.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 366.66% to $224.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -60.82%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CONSOLIDATED EDISON INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Consolidated Edison Ratings Report.