- DUK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $182.3 million.
- DUK has traded 467,118 shares today.
- DUK traded in a range 200.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.85.
- DUK traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 31 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 31 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DUK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DUK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DUK: Duke Energy Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an energy company in the United States and Latin America. It operates through three segments: Regulated Utilities, International Energy, and Commercial Power. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.4%. DUK has a PE ratio of 26.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Duke Energy Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Duke Energy Corporation has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Duke Energy has a market cap of $51.0 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.02 and a short float of 1.7% with 4.44 days to cover. Shares are up 5.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Duke Energy Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DUK's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,373.00 million or 25.84% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.84%.
- DUKE ENERGY CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DUKE ENERGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.73 versus $3.06 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.57 versus $3.73).
- The gross profit margin for DUKE ENERGY CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.48%. Regardless of DUK's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -1.46% trails the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, DUK has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Duke Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.