- RITT's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 54.40%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, RIT TECHNOLOGIES LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.35, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that RITT's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.89 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- 40.28% is the gross profit margin for RIT TECHNOLOGIES LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -93.84% is in-line with the industry average.
- RIT TECHNOLOGIES LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, RIT TECHNOLOGIES LTD continued to lose money by earning -$1.05 versus -$1.92 in the prior year.
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. The Telecommunications industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0% versus the S&P 500, which was down 0.1%. Laggards within the Telecommunications industry included Maxcom Telecomunicaciones SAB de CV ( MXT), down 2.0%, Optical Cable ( OCC), down 2.5%, Glowpoint ( GLOW), down 2.2%, RIT Technologies ( RITT), down 2.3% and Internet Initiative Japan ( IIJI), down 3.1%. TheStreet Ratings Group would like to highlight 3 stocks that pushed the industry lower today: RIT Technologies ( RITT) is one of the companies that pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today. RIT Technologies was down $0.03 (2.3%) to $1.25 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,550 shares of RIT Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 31,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.25-$1.30 after having opened the day at $1.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.28. RiT Technologies Ltd. provides intelligent infrastructure management (IIM) and indoor optical wireless technology solutions. Its IIM products enhance security and network utilization for data centers, communication rooms, and work space environments. RIT Technologies has a market cap of $17.2 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 27.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings rates RIT Technologies as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from TheStreet Ratings analysis on RITT go as follows: