- CLW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.0 million.
- CLW has traded 29,474 shares today.
- CLW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLW: Clearwater Paper Corporation manufactures and sells private label tissue and paperboard products in the United States and internationally. The company operates through two segments, Consumer Products, and Pulp and Paperboard. CLW has a PE ratio of 12.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Clearwater Paper a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Clearwater Paper has been 119,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Clearwater has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.53 and a short float of 4.4% with 5.05 days to cover. Shares are up 28.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Clearwater Paper as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 37.04% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CLW should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Paper & Forest Products industry and the overall market, CLEARWATER PAPER CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Paper & Forest Products industry average. The net income increased by 6.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $11.66 million to $12.45 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 605.16% to $59.64 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CLEARWATER PAPER CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.22%.
- You can view the full Clearwater Paper Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.